SMM in Twitter: all about it
Despite the fact that Twitter can be blocked on the territory of Russia and now Roskomnadzor began to slow down the speed of its work, it is one of the most popular Social Media in Russia.
There are about 700 000 authors; they write 41,7 twits during one month. Twitter in Russia is in demand among Mass Media, bloggers and companies.
To make your blog popular in Russian Twitter, you should be familiar with the details of promotion there. That’s why we prepared this article.
Benefits of Twitter for business promotion
The benefits of using Twitter to promote your business are undeniable:
- 1. Twitter guarantees a wide reach-thanks to the absence of borders and the viral spread of tweets, Twitter is the ideal social network for spreading news, discussing opinions, and finding customers;
2. It is an effective communication tool-get real-time data on any mention of your brand, hashtag associated with you, and engage in discussions with users;
3. Twitter-a source of traffic-given the requirements for the length of a tweet, integrating a Twitter account with the main web resource increases traffic, brand awareness, and subscriber loyalty;
4. Twitter = search engine — with the development of hashtags, Twitter began to compete with search platforms for tracking news;
5. It improves your SEO performance — tweets with the exact occurrence of the keywords you are interested in can appear in the Google search results in high positions;
6. Twitter helps to increase sales, especially in B2B — according to research, small and medium business that is moving in Twitter, is 69% more sales than companies that don’t promote your business in this social network;
7. Twitter is dominated by user-generated content polls and studies ExacTarget show that 61% of Twitter users involved in content creation for brands and businesses.
Internal Twitter research confirms that maintaining an account on this social network increases brand awareness and blog readability by 75%.
You should immediately establish a culture of information submission and communication from the account. Frequent jumps to different approaches may not appeal to your users. We have come up with a check-list that will help you in drawing up your Twitter policy:
What type of content to post?
The main thing to remember is that Twitter is an ideal tool for announcing regularly appearing content, the media can not do without it so try to use it to attract an audience to your company’s blog or to the other Social Media.
Don’t forget about the entertaining twits, but also don’t post them too often because it can just irritate people.
How often post it?
You need to choose the time when your target audience is ready to consume it, and decide whether to post it immediately as it arrives, as the media do, or distribute it in time intervals.
What to do if there are not enough info reasons to publish?
Here, on the one hand, there is a question you are going to “post cats”. On the other hand, do you have the opportunity to expand the range of information at the expense of not so significant, but still useful? For example, you can initially post information only about the novelties and events, and later begin to tell about those that are interesting, even if not to a wide range of readers, but still popular (even within a separate genre).
Write each post or generate it automatically?
If, taking into account the specifics of your project, you get the second one without losses — then it will be a little easier for you. But remember, Twitter, due to the limited format, is extremely capricious to autoposts. Will they be accurate enough, will they be able to correctly submit the announced material? And manual input still gives you more opportunities to use hashtags, which are one of the ways to promote.
Subscribing to users helps to promote blog?
Especially cool, or consider themselves such companies, projects and celebrities do not subscribe to users — they only broadcast. This, in addition to a certain touch of snobbery, will also not allow you to engage in massfoloving, which can be useful to you as the first step of promotion, even if not indisputable. And your subscription will also flatter a considerable part of users.
How to communicate with users?
There are projects, especially those that are not subscribed to anyone, that do not respond to other users ‘ comments. It’s terrible, of course. To communicate under the brand name with your users in the social network on their initiative — this is wealth! But there is a caveat.
Discussing your content (responding to comments and comments) is necessary and important. You can go further and ask “how are you?”, congratulate on your Birthday. This is more time-consuming and carries the risks of personal communication.
If you decide to do this, it is better not to write off via tweets. As a rule, when users first meet you, they go to your account page and study the latest tweets for relevance to their queries. And if they see that there is more personal communication than useful information, they will leave and not return. Fortunately, there are personal messages on Twitter, and they are not limited to the amount of text (recently).
The main thing in promoting a business on Twitter is to make a step-by-step plan and follow it. Move consistently and the promotion of your Twitter account will turn into a comfortable and convenient process from the painstaking process of creating a profile to launching ads on Twitter.